Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HI I am running MacOS ver 11.6 on my iMac, I am unable to download iTunes nor connect my iPhone via iTunes like I used to before to my iMac and do stuff like back up my phone etc. Pls advise

HI I am running MacOS ver 11.6 on my iMac, I am unable to download iTunes nor connect my iPhone via iTunes like I used to before to my iMac and do stuff like back up my phone etc. Pls advise

I tried to download iTunes, but it doesn't seem to install ..... or error message comes up asking that system has to be ver 10 .5 or above and I am already in version 11.6

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 1:21 PM

The iTunes app was discontinued on Macs when macOS Catalina 10.15 was released and it cannot be installed on a Mac running Catalina or Big Sur. See the following for information about the replacement apps: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

You now use Finder to backup your iPhone. See: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 1:21 PM in response to SUHAS TUMKUR

The iTunes app was discontinued on Macs when macOS Catalina 10.15 was released and it cannot be installed on a Mac running Catalina or Big Sur. See the following for information about the replacement apps: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

You now use Finder to backup your iPhone. See: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.