Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 is found at the local dump would really like to use them but they are locked

I got a couple iPhone 6 is that local dump that somebody was throwing away they work very well I tried to reset to factory setting and they are locked in someone else’s Apple ID they never cleared the phone so I wasn’t able to reset it and set it up as my own is there any way around this is there any way Apple can contact the people that through the phones away and have them remove their Apple ID what’s the deal if someone gives you a phone and throws it away you can’t use it that makes no sense to me especially as expensive as these phones are

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 2:36 PM

Tj46mason wrote:

I got a couple iPhone 6 is that local dump that somebody was throwing away they work very well I tried to reset to factory setting and they are locked in someone else’s Apple ID they never cleared the phone so I wasn’t able to reset it and set it up as my own is there any way around this is there any way Apple can contact the people that through the phones away and have them remove their Apple ID what’s the deal if someone gives you a phone and throws it away you can’t use it that makes no sense to me especially as expensive as these phones are

Nope. Those phone are useless.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 2:36 PM in response to Tj46mason

Tj46mason wrote:

Nope. Those phone are useless.

iPhone 6 is found at the local dump would really like to use them but they are locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.