Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wide-screen monitors for m1 mac mini

I'm going to get the 16Gb m1 mac mini and a 16:9 ratio with a QHD 2560 x 1440 (DisplayPort: 165 Hz, HDMI: 144 Hz).

Will this work?

I'm so confused with the resolution etc.

Thanks

Greg

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 13, 2021 3:20 PM in response to gregpegleg

Hi, Gregpegleg, it will....your m1 Mac Mini supports up to a 6k resolution monitor via its Thunderbolt 3 port. and USB-C ..and another one at 4k via its HDMI 2.0 port.... so pick one.. I don't think Macs will do 144 HZ or 164 hz, but they should do 120 hz, 60 hz or 24 HZ just fine... the monitor you have selected will do wide screen 2k resolution....so you should be just fine.... I don't know what brand/make of monitor it is , as you haven't given me that info, so all I can do is give you general info. I have an LG monitor which serves me fine....I picked LG because it says/said right there on the monitor page : "Mac Compatibility" . There are other makers/brands that offer Mac compatibility., too.. Technically speaking any monitor with a DisplayPort/miniDisplayPort or HDMI 2.0 port will work....you could even use a TV with an HDMI 2.0 port on it as a monitor if you wanted to..... Apple has a nice looking and nice performing Thunderbolt 3 monitor and I think one other one that supports 5k.....but OH, the price.......

john B

Oct 13, 2021 4:45 PM in response to gregpegleg

No wuckers, Greg. G’day from Canada.. the Dell you mentioned may work with Mac, but it doesn’t play nicely with Mac…. It’s not really Mac supported… i got a nice LG 43” 4k for $749 with shipping from ebay a while back…not curved though.. LG does make a 34” curved monitor, the 34WP88C-B… clamps onto your desk and it supports usb-c and 4k over 1 cable, mac+ pc … viewsonic makes one that supports mac + pc… does the other stuff too.. samsung makes one as well… supports mac and pc… which one is right for you? I can’t say for sure…

john b

Wide-screen monitors for m1 mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.