Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Age Verification

App tracking isn't allowed because it says my Apple ID age information is missing, but my birthday is there when I go to Apple ID (email, name, etc.)

How do I verify my age for content?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 1:15 PM

Greetings, briefromnewyork!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! Based on your post, it sounds like you're unable to turn on the “Allow Apps to Request to Track” setting. This can happen for a number of reasons. You mentioned that the birthday is set, but is it set to show your age to be over 18? The "Manage activity tracking permissions" section of If an app asks to track your activity has some additional information about this. If your Apple ID was created in the last 3 days, this behavior would be expected.

Also, if you're using an Apple ID managed by educational institute, this would limit your ability to enable this feature. About Managed Apple IDs for education

If the scenarios above don't seem to fit your situation, then we'd recommend checking Settings > General for "Profiles & Device Management." If you're seeing this setting available on your device, that configuration profile is likely limiting tracking on the device.

Let us know if this information helps and have a terrific day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 1:15 PM in response to briefromnewyork

Greetings, briefromnewyork!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! Based on your post, it sounds like you're unable to turn on the “Allow Apps to Request to Track” setting. This can happen for a number of reasons. You mentioned that the birthday is set, but is it set to show your age to be over 18? The "Manage activity tracking permissions" section of If an app asks to track your activity has some additional information about this. If your Apple ID was created in the last 3 days, this behavior would be expected.

Also, if you're using an Apple ID managed by educational institute, this would limit your ability to enable this feature. About Managed Apple IDs for education

If the scenarios above don't seem to fit your situation, then we'd recommend checking Settings > General for "Profiles & Device Management." If you're seeing this setting available on your device, that configuration profile is likely limiting tracking on the device.

Let us know if this information helps and have a terrific day!

Age Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.