Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t I backup up with cellular data?

Can’t I backup up to my iCloud with cellular data?

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 3:54 PM

With iOS 15 it is now possible to Back Up Over Cellular however it is carrier dependent (i.e. only available for carriers that offer 5G support and enable the feature on their network). Here is an excerpt from the iOS manual:

On models that support 5G, your carrier may give you the option to back up iPhone using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, the turn on or off Backup Over Cellular. - Source

If you're outside of North America, you will see the words Mobile Data in your settings instead of Cellular.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 3:54 PM in response to Preciouschy

With iOS 15 it is now possible to Back Up Over Cellular however it is carrier dependent (i.e. only available for carriers that offer 5G support and enable the feature on their network). Here is an excerpt from the iOS manual:

On models that support 5G, your carrier may give you the option to back up iPhone using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, the turn on or off Backup Over Cellular. - Source

If you're outside of North America, you will see the words Mobile Data in your settings instead of Cellular.

Can’t I backup up with cellular data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.