Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay

I used to AirPlay fine with my iPhone 11. Upgraded to iPhone 13 Pro and my Samsung TV no longer recognizes it no matter what I try.

Suggestions to fix please?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 4:50 PM

harshafromreminderville,

Got it. To confirm, were you able to try the steps outlined in the article from our previous post?

If so, take a moment to confirm if your iPhone and the TV are currently connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, take a moment to restart both devices.

Next, you may need to confirm with Samsung, but if the TV remembers a specific pairing, there is a setting that may need to be reset or changed in order to allow it to recognize a new device to AirPlay with.

If the issue persists from there, and you have another AirPlay compatible device, try using AirPlay from your iPhone to that device, does it play there?

Let us know, and we'll continue from there.

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 4:50 PM in response to harshafromreminderville

harshafromreminderville,

Got it. To confirm, were you able to try the steps outlined in the article from our previous post?

If so, take a moment to confirm if your iPhone and the TV are currently connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, take a moment to restart both devices.

Next, you may need to confirm with Samsung, but if the TV remembers a specific pairing, there is a setting that may need to be reset or changed in order to allow it to recognize a new device to AirPlay with.

If the issue persists from there, and you have another AirPlay compatible device, try using AirPlay from your iPhone to that device, does it play there?

Let us know, and we'll continue from there.

Take care.

Oct 14, 2021 1:41 PM in response to harshafromreminderville

Hi harshafromreminderville,

We see you're familiar with, and have used AirPlay in the past, however after updating to an iPhone 13 Pro, you are no longer able to AirPlay to your TV.

To confirm, does the iPhone show the TV as a device to AirPlay too, but it then fails? Do you receive any specific error? Also, take a look over the tips in the following resource:

If the issue persists after those steps, let us know some additional details and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.