Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upgrade to High sierra,

Every time I download High sierra and start the upgrade process I get the message, An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again.

And I get it every time. How can I try to fix this?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 8:54 PM

zuletapintor Said:

"I can't upgrade to High Sierra, Every time I download High sierra and start the upgrade process I get the message, An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again. And I get it every time. How can I try to fix this?"

-------

Three Things...

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

See what happens when you boot in Safe Mode[Hold down the shift key upon boot]. In Safe Mode, Login Items do not run; certain preferences are set aside; and damaged system files are intentionally fixed. Once booted into Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds and then restart the Mac.

B. Try a New Admin User:

For temporary usage, create a new administrator user. See if you can install with it.

C. Try Ethernet:

Contact your Mac to your router using Ethernet. A hardwired connection would be more reliable.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 8:54 PM in response to zuletapintor

zuletapintor Said:

"I can't upgrade to High Sierra, Every time I download High sierra and start the upgrade process I get the message, An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again. And I get it every time. How can I try to fix this?"

-------

Three Things...

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

See what happens when you boot in Safe Mode[Hold down the shift key upon boot]. In Safe Mode, Login Items do not run; certain preferences are set aside; and damaged system files are intentionally fixed. Once booted into Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds and then restart the Mac.

B. Try a New Admin User:

For temporary usage, create a new administrator user. See if you can install with it.

C. Try Ethernet:

Contact your Mac to your router using Ethernet. A hardwired connection would be more reliable.

I can't upgrade to High sierra,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.