Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Safari from opening at apple.com

Hi, I have a new iPhone 12, iOS 15.0.2. When I launch Safari, it automatically goes right to apple.com. On my old iPhone 7, I had it set so when I launched Safari, it went right to my Favorites page where I could choose what site I wanted to go to.

How do I stop Safari from opening on apple.com?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 7:54 AM

Hi John,

It seems you're having trouble managing tabs in Safari and we can help.

iPhone has always opened to the last page you were looking at, and if it's a new tab you'll see what's called the Start Page with your Favorites and other info.

If you close the tabs open for apple.com, you won't see apple.com next time you use Safari. Keep in mind that if any tabs are open though, you'll see those.

Have a look here:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 7:54 AM in response to John Luke1

Hi John,

It seems you're having trouble managing tabs in Safari and we can help.

iPhone has always opened to the last page you were looking at, and if it's a new tab you'll see what's called the Start Page with your Favorites and other info.

If you close the tabs open for apple.com, you won't see apple.com next time you use Safari. Keep in mind that if any tabs are open though, you'll see those.

Have a look here:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Stop Safari from opening at apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.