Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book pro keyboard language

Hello,

I am about to order a new mac book pro (I am in the UK)

I have an option to choose the keyboard language.

My question is: If I choose Russian for example, will I still have the English letters on it as well? Logically thinking I must?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 8:30 AM

Every Apple keyboard available for the Mac also has English glyphs on the keys as well.

Support for most Romance languages and Russian are easily available and quickly switchable in Preferences.

Less-popular Asian and Indian languages may require you to add some stuff like additional fonts, but are a supported as well.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 8:30 AM in response to kater101

Every Apple keyboard available for the Mac also has English glyphs on the keys as well.

Support for most Romance languages and Russian are easily available and quickly switchable in Preferences.

Less-popular Asian and Indian languages may require you to add some stuff like additional fonts, but are a supported as well.

Oct 14, 2021 9:47 AM in response to kater101

kater101 wrote:

My question is: If I choose Russian for example, will I still have the English letters on it as well? Logically thinking I must?

Yes, without English letters on there as well you would not be able to type most email and web addresses. In any case you ca see the keyboard at

https://www.topteksystem.com/blog/apple-tutorials/identifying-keyboard-localization/

Mac book pro keyboard language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.