Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change the name of my wifi

How do I change the name of my wifi on multiple home computers, phones and iPad? Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 9:16 AM

The WiFi SSID is controlled by your home router. You will need to connect to the router's administration interface to change any network settings like that. How you do this varies by the different routers manufacturers. Typically you can just type in the IP address of the router which is typically the same as your computer's IP address but with a ".1" for the last part of the address such as "192.168.1.1". Check the router's user manual for more information on how to configure the router.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 9:16 AM in response to nigel645

The WiFi SSID is controlled by your home router. You will need to connect to the router's administration interface to change any network settings like that. How you do this varies by the different routers manufacturers. Typically you can just type in the IP address of the router which is typically the same as your computer's IP address but with a ".1" for the last part of the address such as "192.168.1.1". Check the router's user manual for more information on how to configure the router.

how to change the name of my wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.