Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot download apps from the app store to my iphone xr

why will apps from the app store not download to my iphone xr

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 1:50 PM

Hello jhuff129,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with downloading apps to your iPhone. See if the steps here help: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If not, complete the following, testing after each one to see if the apps will now download:

• Ensure your iPhone is fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  • Check your date and time settings to make sure they're correct. To do that tap Settings > General > Date & Time. From here make sure "Set Automatically" is turned on and the "Time Zone" area is correct. If changes are made here, Restart your iPhone then check to see if the apps will download
  • See if the app will download from your purchases section by opening the App Store, then tapping your profile picture in the top right. From here, tap Purchased > My Purchases, locate the app and see if it will download from here.
  • If you use VPN or security software, temporarily disable or remove those to see if you can then download the apps. If so, you'll want to reach out to those app developers to look into this more with you: How to contact an app developer

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 1:50 PM in response to jhuff129

Hello jhuff129,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with downloading apps to your iPhone. See if the steps here help: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If not, complete the following, testing after each one to see if the apps will now download:

• Ensure your iPhone is fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  • Check your date and time settings to make sure they're correct. To do that tap Settings > General > Date & Time. From here make sure "Set Automatically" is turned on and the "Time Zone" area is correct. If changes are made here, Restart your iPhone then check to see if the apps will download
  • See if the app will download from your purchases section by opening the App Store, then tapping your profile picture in the top right. From here, tap Purchased > My Purchases, locate the app and see if it will download from here.
  • If you use VPN or security software, temporarily disable or remove those to see if you can then download the apps. If so, you'll want to reach out to those app developers to look into this more with you: How to contact an app developer

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Oct 16, 2021 10:40 AM in response to TammyW_03

The above steps have still not helped.

I completed the above steps and still cannot download apps. If I try to download an app, I get a message that my password has not been used in the itunes store before. When I press review to check account the same message just reappears

To help clarify (or confuse) the above problem: I can choose an app, press the "get" button, I get an audible "ding" and and it says Done, but no widget appears and it is not listed in my app library. When I tap Purchase I get "No Purchases. All your apps are on this iPhone already" (were on my phone when I purchased it). I also updated to IOS 15 but it did not help.

cannot download apps from the app store to my iphone xr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.