Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MF210 Printer not printing

My printer keeps giving me an error: "Stopped; filter failed" when I try to print from my MacBook Pro. I recently updated to macOS Big Sur, so I am not sure if that has something to do with it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:28 PM

8 replies

Oct 22, 2021 4:02 PM in response to JenHammersmark

Hi,

The Canon MF216n is mentioned as an "applicable model" for the driver here:

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/laser/laserbase_mf_series/i-sensys_mf216n.html?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:13-2061167&os=macos%2011%20%28big%20sur%29&language=en

How is the printer connected (USB or network)? If USB, you could perhaps try to wire (Ethernet) the printer to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router, which should allow a wireless connection from the MacBook Pro. The Canon MF216n is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology, so additional drivers should not be required if the printer and the computer are connected to the same network.

Would it be correct to assume that you have tried a full printing system reset?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Canon MF210 Printer not printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.