Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I need to plug the other end of the AirPod pro charger into

what do I plug charger into? Doesn’t fit my iPhone adapter

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 8:09 PM

Lightning cables are available with either the USB-A or the USB-C connector on one end, and a Lightning connector for the end with the AirPods Pro charging case. You need the other cable, or the other charger.

6 replies

Oct 15, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Happycar

Happycar wrote:

I’m not sure that I understand are you saying that I could use my Apple iPhone 13 charger into the AirPods charging case instead of the cable that came with the AirPods Pro

AirPods Pro have a Lightning connection, and can be charged with a cable that has USB-C on the other end, or can be charged with a cable that has USB-A in the other end.

Either cable can work.

The USB-A cable and connection to a USB-A charger, and the USB-C to a USB-C charger.

USB-A chargers can be 5, 10, or 12 watts.

USB-C chargers can be 18 watts and up.

If you have a newer AirPods Pro case, you can also use a Qi wireless charger to charge the case.

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life - Apple Support

Using Apple power adapters, cables, and duckheads with Apple products - Apple Support

If you have an iPhone charger cable (those are presently still all Lightning on one end, and the newer iPhone models are USB-C and Lightning cable, and older iPhone models are USB-A and Lightning cables, and a matching charger for the iPhone and its cable you can use that.

You can also swap these Lightning cables on the iPhone, too. An iPhone 13 can be charged (not as fast) with a USB-A charger.

Fast charge your iPhone - Apple Support

As should be clear from the fast-charging article, you can use a yet-higher-wattage Mac charger, too.

Note: The AirPods or AirPods Pro won’t rapid charge on USB-C with a higher-wattage charger, it’ll “ask” the charger for a wattage that it’ll be happy with, and will charge at its usual pace. The iPhone can “ask” for a higher wattage and can then charge more quickly.

A device that needs more watts than the connected charger can provide won’t charge effectively, or won’t charge at all.

A device connected to a higher-wattage charger will pick from the wattages offered by the charger and will ask for less than the full rated power for the charger, but (if it can find an offer it likes) will charge. Apple chargers (and those and Anker chargers are about all I’d recommend for chargers) offer pretty much any wattage an Apple device can want, up to the rated output of the chosen charger.

What do I need to plug the other end of the AirPod pro charger into

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.