Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro: Freezing Tracks issue

Hello friends :)

a) I freeze tracks in a Logic Pro project file

b) save project file, then close project file shut down.

c) new startup. reopen project file. play project, it goes into "freezing mode".

d) previously freeze tracks, seem to not save or reload. thus, re-freezing modes automatically initiates.

e) I've checked my "freeze" folder every time. a brand new file is created with the re-freezing Logic automatically initiates upon start-up; plus it over-writes the previous file.

f) this issue is specific to not every project file. since I don't know the reason, it appears to happen randomly.

Is the a fix for this? this is terribly time consuming error (when many tracks are frozen in the project)

thanks in advance! :-)

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 11:01 PM

I discovered the issue. It's important that the main drive of the OS has enough space to process things. if not, the OS will begin to automatically delete what it perceives as not important files. the OS Big Sur was deleting my Freeze files (in my case audio) into the bin upon reopening a project file. I cleared up drive space keeping over 30% free and now the issue is resolved.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 11:01 PM in response to KrisInBerlin

I discovered the issue. It's important that the main drive of the OS has enough space to process things. if not, the OS will begin to automatically delete what it perceives as not important files. the OS Big Sur was deleting my Freeze files (in my case audio) into the bin upon reopening a project file. I cleared up drive space keeping over 30% free and now the issue is resolved.

Logic Pro: Freezing Tracks issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.