Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card payment.

If I’m paying for 2 installments and I got the phones at the same time. And I wanna pay $150 every month more than the monthly payments. Will the payment split between phones or what? I’m confused. I have 2 phones at the same time. Which one is the oldest and will they split the payment instead.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 10:02 AM

Hi, my understanding is the extra payment is applied to the oldest installment plan. Are the items on separate installment plans or one plan? If one plan, then basically applied equally. If there are two plans, then the oldest will reflect the payments. Here is a link to a support article that goes over the details of installment plans,

https://support.apple.com/HT210644

Pay your monthly installment

Your minimum payment for Apple Card includes your Apple Card Monthly Installment. When you pay your minimum payment each month, you automatically pay the monthly installment for each of your installment plans.

Pay extra

To pay extra on your Apple Card Monthly Installments, you need to first pay your entire Apple Card balance. Then, to make an additional payment towards your installment balance, choose Pay Early. If you have multiple installments, your additional payment is applied to the outstanding balance of your oldest installment plan.

To Pay Early:

1. Open the Wallet app and tap Apple Card.
  2. Tap the more button , then tap Monthly Installments. If you have multiple monthly installments, you see the balance for all of your monthly installments.
  3. Tap Pay Early, then tap Continue.
  4. Choose an amount to pay, then tap Pay Now or Pay later and follow the instructions on your screen.

If you don't pay a monthly installment, you aren't charged a fee or interest. To keep your account in good standing, pay your monthly installments on time as part of your Apple Card minimum payment due every month.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 10:02 AM in response to its_Swavey

Hi, my understanding is the extra payment is applied to the oldest installment plan. Are the items on separate installment plans or one plan? If one plan, then basically applied equally. If there are two plans, then the oldest will reflect the payments. Here is a link to a support article that goes over the details of installment plans,

https://support.apple.com/HT210644

Pay your monthly installment

Your minimum payment for Apple Card includes your Apple Card Monthly Installment. When you pay your minimum payment each month, you automatically pay the monthly installment for each of your installment plans.

Pay extra

To pay extra on your Apple Card Monthly Installments, you need to first pay your entire Apple Card balance. Then, to make an additional payment towards your installment balance, choose Pay Early. If you have multiple installments, your additional payment is applied to the outstanding balance of your oldest installment plan.

To Pay Early:

1. Open the Wallet app and tap Apple Card.
  2. Tap the more button , then tap Monthly Installments. If you have multiple monthly installments, you see the balance for all of your monthly installments.
  3. Tap Pay Early, then tap Continue.
  4. Choose an amount to pay, then tap Pay Now or Pay later and follow the instructions on your screen.

If you don't pay a monthly installment, you aren't charged a fee or interest. To keep your account in good standing, pay your monthly installments on time as part of your Apple Card minimum payment due every month.

I hope this helps.

Apple Card payment.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.