Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign in iTunes Store problem on iPhone 12

I cannot log into the iTunes Store in order to update the apps (which are supposed to auto-update but don’t.)

This iPhone 12 mini, running 15.02, will not accept my Apple ID.

My iPad will accept it and the iPhone does allow me to sign in to iCloud.

I have reset (restarted) the iPhone several times.

I have reset the Apple ID several times and the newest ID does work everywhere but the iPhone.

However, there’s no joy when I try to sign in to the iTunes Store for these updates.

I am at a loss as to what to do. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks so much!

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 3:02 PM

Well, the problem is now solved...after 2 full hours with 4 Apple support personnel.

For whatever reason, iOS started asking for my password on my wife's phone (the problem phone). It seems that because my phone shared purchases with her, somehow her phone, under her ID, wanted my password. That solved the problem.

...and that still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Thanks for responding.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 3:02 PM in response to destiny241

Well, the problem is now solved...after 2 full hours with 4 Apple support personnel.

For whatever reason, iOS started asking for my password on my wife's phone (the problem phone). It seems that because my phone shared purchases with her, somehow her phone, under her ID, wanted my password. That solved the problem.

...and that still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Thanks for responding.

Oct 16, 2021 9:22 AM in response to Dunno2

Hello Dunno2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't sign in to the iTunes Store on your iPhone. We'll do our best to assist.

Awesome troubleshooting prior to this. It sounds like the Apple ID is in good standing, since it is accepted on your other device.

With that tested, we'd recommend using steps in: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you're using a VPN or security software, we'd recommend to disable them and restart the device, as these may be blocking the connection: Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

Let us know if that helps to sort this out for you, cheers!

Sign in iTunes Store problem on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.