Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From HEIC to JPEG

I have an iPhone 12 Pro. After taking a thousand photos, I decided to transfer them to computers running Windows 10. But these are incompatible by format. I have now set the camera to “more compatible” but the previous photos are always in heic. How do I turn them into jpegs all together? It would be absurd to use a third-party program to convert them one by one (eg Photoshop express). Thank you

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 10:01 AM

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices

https://support.apple.com/HT207022

"Converting this media

You can convert HEIF and HEVC media by exporting to a different format from an Apple or third-party app. "

5 replies

Oct 15, 2021 10:53 AM in response to Lorenzobi

The iPhone has also a Setting in the "Photos > Transfer to Mac or PC" section.

• Go to Settings > Photos. In the TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC section, tap"more compatible" to have the media automatically converted to JPEG when importing. 

If the media are still on the iPhone, you can summarily convert them this way. This Setting has a big draw-back when importing to a Mac however. I do not know, if it will matter on a PC as well, but the automatic conversion when downloading the photos disables the duplicate detection. As long as the heic files are remaining on the iPhone, they will always appear as new photos when importing, because we are importing JPEGs from the iPhone and not the HEIC files.

From HEIC to JPEG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.