Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer Apple Care to my new phone?

I recently upgraded my iPhone and wanted to transfer the applecare I bought this year for my previous phone. How do I do that/can I?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 11:21 AM

You cannot transfer a plan from one phone to another. You cancel the plan on the previous phone and if you paid in advance for the plan, Apple will give you a prorated refund of the portion of the plan you didn't use. Then you purchase a plan for your new phone.

See this to cancel the plan on your previous phone --> Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 11:21 AM in response to Babs_Tan

You cannot transfer a plan from one phone to another. You cancel the plan on the previous phone and if you paid in advance for the plan, Apple will give you a prorated refund of the portion of the plan you didn't use. Then you purchase a plan for your new phone.

See this to cancel the plan on your previous phone --> Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

Can I transfer Apple Care to my new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.