Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 max pro won't Qi charge. How do I enable wireless charging?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 1:04 PM

Greetings GIGAPUNK,

It seems like you're having a problem using a wireless charger with your new iPhone, so let's check into that.

In regards to your question regarding enabling wireless charging, this wouldn't be needed as you should be able to place your iPhone directly on the wireless charger for it to initiate. You'll want to be sure that you don't have a thick or metal case on your iPhone, and that you're using both a supported charger and power adapter. For additional information on this, be sure to look through the following resource and even use the links within the resource to confirm if your charger is supported:

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone

We hope this is able to help.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 1:04 PM in response to GIGAPUNK

Greetings GIGAPUNK,

It seems like you're having a problem using a wireless charger with your new iPhone, so let's check into that.

In regards to your question regarding enabling wireless charging, this wouldn't be needed as you should be able to place your iPhone directly on the wireless charger for it to initiate. You'll want to be sure that you don't have a thick or metal case on your iPhone, and that you're using both a supported charger and power adapter. For additional information on this, be sure to look through the following resource and even use the links within the resource to confirm if your charger is supported:

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone

We hope this is able to help.

Cheers!

Oct 26, 2021 9:56 AM in response to Brandon_J_321

Hello,

I have a similar issue. Let me give the details and let's see what shakes out. My wife had an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it would not Qi charge reliably. So, I thought she was just missing the mark when she set it on the charger and got her a wired charger. My 12 Pro Max charges reliably on Qi. We upgrade to 13 Pro Max. The same problem persists in exactly the same way. I can literally place my phone on my wife's Qi charger, it works every single time. My wife's phone does some of the time, mostly not. It does not matter if the phone is in a case or out of case. So, some setting has been restored from the older phone to the newer phone, does anyone know what that setting might be? Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.