Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy a playlist (including song files) from mac Music to local storage?

I tried dragging and dropping the songs from the Music app window to a folder, but my 2019 iMac (Big Sur) will only copy a small number that way, and the playlist is large (2000 .mp4 songs).

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 7:42 AM

Drag and drop isn't working for me for some reason, at least not with over a thousand files.

I found a way to do it. Try this instead: I go to the playlist I want to transfer, select all, then select "copy" (or press ⌘C); then open the folder I want to transfer the files to with the finder. Put the mouse pointer inside the open folder, and select "paste" (or press ⌘V). Voila! all the music files will be transferred to the folder, which I can then back up on an external drive for safe storage.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 7:42 AM in response to Arandel

Drag and drop isn't working for me for some reason, at least not with over a thousand files.

I found a way to do it. Try this instead: I go to the playlist I want to transfer, select all, then select "copy" (or press ⌘C); then open the folder I want to transfer the files to with the finder. Put the mouse pointer inside the open folder, and select "paste" (or press ⌘V). Voila! all the music files will be transferred to the folder, which I can then back up on an external drive for safe storage.

How to copy a playlist (including song files) from mac Music to local storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.