Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a message on my iPad saying "your apple id and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone", but I didn't sign in from a new iPhone. What do I do?

I received a message on my iPad saying "your apple id and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone", but I didn't sign in from a new iPhone. My iPhone 8 was in front of me at the same time. It said "if you recently signed into <my phone name> you can ignore this notification."

I didn't want to click "OK", but then I couldn't even go to another window without doing so. What just happened and what do I do?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 6:19 PM

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -   

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2021 6:19 PM in response to JenAnnTB

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -   

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

I received a message on my iPad saying "your apple id and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone", but I didn't sign in from a new iPhone. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.