Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone 12

iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone 12. I have tried downloading iTunes but the installer requires me to remove my current iTunes which is contrary to guidance I've found online. Has anyone solved this problem?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 8:47 AM

Try iOS device not showing in iTunes for Windows - Apple Community.

There are two different versions of iTunes, one released through the Microsoft Store, the other a direct download from apple.com. Switching from one to the older, or to an older build, requires that you remove the current install first. Reinstalling or upgrading should work over the current install.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 8:47 AM in response to Afssuppo

Try iOS device not showing in iTunes for Windows - Apple Community.

There are two different versions of iTunes, one released through the Microsoft Store, the other a direct download from apple.com. Switching from one to the older, or to an older build, requires that you remove the current install first. Reinstalling or upgrading should work over the current install.

tt2

iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.