Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Cant I import my mp3 to Apple Music???

So I just got a bunch of mp3 files. I drag in drop them into iTunes and it says processing but they never show up... I tried the trick with the automatically add to iTunes folder but it did not work. I can open them in quick time player so I don't know why

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 6:56 PM

8 replies

Oct 15, 2021 7:18 PM in response to -C_J_W-

-C_J_W- Said:

"Why Cant I import my mp3 to Apple Music???: So I just got a bunch of mp3 files. I drag in drop them into iTunes and it says processing but they never show up... I tried the trick with the automatically add to iTunes folder but it did not work. I can open them in quick time player so I don't know why"

-------

Start with a Restart:

Restart your computer, seeing it if all shows up. Perhaps it needs to refresh.

Music is the App to Use:

On Catalina, you need to perform this using the Music app. Go Here: Import Music from a Computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Oct 16, 2021 7:34 PM in response to -C_J_W-

-C_J_W- Said:

"Why Cant I import my mp3 to Apple Music???:

-----

Q1. "How do I know if I’m in safe mode?"

A1. When in Safe Mode, you see the words "Safe Mode" on the top-left and top-right corners of the screen.

Q2. "Once I’m in safe mode what do I do?"

A2. Try importing and playing the files.

Q3. "now when I try to play one of the files with QuickTime player it gives me an error of -101."

A3. Then there is an error with the software. So, to fix that, Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

Oct 15, 2021 7:42 PM in response to -C_J_W-

-C_J_W- Said:

"Why Cant I import my mp3 to Apple Music???: I already tried that too"

-------

New iCloud Session:

Log out of iCloud, and then log back in. Try this once more.

Boot in Safe Mode:

Perform this in Safe Mode [Hold down the shift key upon boot]. In Safe Mode, login items do not load at login, certain system preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are intentionally fixed.

Why Cant I import my mp3 to Apple Music???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.