Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 update

After updating my XR to iOS 15.0.2 my iPhone is saying No SIM even though there is a SIM card inserted. Can anyone assist?

I reset network and even factory reset. Both failed to fix the problem.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 8:21 PM

9 replies

Oct 15, 2021 9:56 PM in response to justbsquared88

justbsquared88 Said:

"I also used another SIM card in the phone but the phone did not read that SIM as well. "

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Ask Apple Support what they can do about this. As to why it would be come inaccessible, I am uncertain. It may be a bug --something Apple has a fix for. Perhaps there is dust in the slot that needs to be removed?

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Oct 15, 2021 9:09 PM in response to justbsquared88

justbsquared88 Said:

"iOS 15 update: After updating my XR to iOS 15.0.2 my iPhone is saying No SIM even though there is a SIM card inserted. Can anyone assist? I reset network and even factory reset. Both failed to fix the problem."

-------

Two Things:

A. Verify the Update:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: About
  4. View: the second line-down

Is 15.0.2 shown?

and...

B. Contacting your Carrier:

You may want to contact your Carrier, seeing what they have to say in this, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Cellular.

Oct 16, 2021 9:02 AM in response to justbsquared88

With a ~billion devices in use, there are always device failures, and there are always failures around updates.

Some of those failures are directly related to the updates, some failures just due to the added activity of those updates, and some failures are entirely unrelated.

With a billion devices in use, there are always failures happening.

To get this resolved, work through what Apple suggests from the support article (and they do change their articles as variants and other fixes and common issues are found), then contact Apple.

Because even if this was the update directly causing this, that knowledge still doesn’t get you to a working iPhone.

It just delays getting back to a working iPhone.

And to your question, I haven’t seen any more “No SIM” postings around here than usual. iPhone 7 was good for “No SIM” errors, and got a recall for its troubles. Other models, not so common with the “No SIM” errors. Nor have I noticed any particular increases lately that might mean iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 can provoke those.

iOS 15 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.