Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update Failed - iPhone 13 Pro

Tried to download iOS 15.0.2 to my iPhone 13 Pro but it shows "An error occurred downloading iOS 15.0.2"

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 5:40 PM

Hi Tharakag,

We understand you're unable to install an update on an iPhone. We're happy to help.

If you're getting an error when trying to install an update, you can try these steps: If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If you're still unable to install the update directly on the device, you'll need to install it though a computer instead.

If you're using a Windows PC: Update software on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC

If you're using a Mac: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder

As always, make sure you have a backup before installing any updates. If you have not already backed up your device, make sure to do that first before making any further update attempts.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud

Hope this helps. Cheers!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 5:40 PM in response to Tharakag

Hi Tharakag,

We understand you're unable to install an update on an iPhone. We're happy to help.

If you're getting an error when trying to install an update, you can try these steps: If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If you're still unable to install the update directly on the device, you'll need to install it though a computer instead.

If you're using a Windows PC: Update software on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC

If you're using a Mac: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder

As always, make sure you have a backup before installing any updates. If you have not already backed up your device, make sure to do that first before making any further update attempts.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Oct 23, 2021 1:47 AM in response to Eric--F

I have the same problem however the suggestions are completely unhelpful. They are off the mark.

As the original poster said, the error I get it “An error occurred downloading iOS 15.0.2”. I have c.35GB free on my phone and pretty good Wifi. I have now tried this over 10 times and get the same error as below.

Can someone look into this please?

Software Update Failed - iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.