Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple HomePod users - second users' music will not play

I have a HomePod with two users set up. It works for most things except music. Situation is:

We both have iTunes Match.

Siri recognises me, the first user set up, and plays music from my iTunes Match Cloud Library.

Siri also recognises the second user, but does not play music from their iTunes Match Cloud Library

I can see on the Set up multiple users on HomePod - Apple Support page that if you have more than six users this is an issue, but we only have two.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or am I stuck with this?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 12:45 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 16, 2021 4:36 AM in response to AlanFlemingUK

My understanding is that this feature requires Apple Music rather than iTunes Match. I can't see it stated explicitly anywhere but this line from that support document would seem to be a hint.

• Recognize my Voice: Allows Siri to know your name, access your music library and Apple Music account, use Find My, and control secure HomeKit accessories from HomePod. 

tt2

Oct 19, 2021 11:14 AM in response to AlanFlemingUK

Oh I think it should work too, but iTunes Match seems to be a slightly inferior cousin to Apple Music despite the obvious overlap in features. I've seen plenty of reports from those who have iTunes Match can cannot access their libraries with recognize my voice enabled to make me believe that is how it works rather than random individual issues that might be fixed, for example, by signing out of your Apple ID and then signing in again. In context access your music library might only be your unhidden purchases.

tt2

Multiple HomePod users - second users' music will not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.