Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i recover or restore photos that i deleted some 2 years ago but were backed up?

How do i recover or restore photos that i deleted some 2 years ago but were backed up?

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 8:37 AM

If you back up regularly, you won't have a backup that is 2 years old. Only the latest 3 backups are saved.

Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup to see the contents and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 8:37 AM in response to HusseinBanda1820

If you back up regularly, you won't have a backup that is 2 years old. Only the latest 3 backups are saved.

Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup to see the contents and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    *

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.