Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big sur update "secure notes"

A recent update to Big Sur caused my Keychain Secure Notes to disappear. I have them on another computer. How can I sync or otherwise restore those Secure Notes? Many thanks in advance!

D

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 7:39 AM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2021 5:57 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Thanks, MichaelB2019, but you help has not helped me.

The correct Secure Notes are on Pro. I switched off all the Keychains in all settings on iPhone, Air, and Pro, then shut down all devices. I started Pro, clicked on Keychain in iCloud to reactivate it, and all the Secure Notes are still there. Then, I turned on Air (where I want to restore the Secure Notes), and again clicked to activate Keychain in iCloud. The Secure Notes did not return to Air.

Before I did all this, I did the same thing, except I switched iPhone back on before I did Air. That resulted in ONE Secure Note transferring to Air. When I did what I described above, even that Secure Note disappeared!

Got any other suggestions? Otherwise, I'm going to have to rebuild all my secure notes manually......

Thanks for responding.

Dena

Big sur update "secure notes"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.