Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple Watch Series 7 be used for Scuba Diving?

The series 7 watch is water proof to 50 meters (164 ft) - can it be used for scuba diving? Typical dive watches are rated at 50 meters (minimum) and safe diving (recreational) limits are to 120 feet - thus my question.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 8:49 AM

The rating is 50m static pressure which is OK for surface swimming. Scuba activity will generate dynamic pressures greater than this and is explicitly mentioned as an exclusion for Apple Watch water resistance.

11 replies

Nov 24, 2021 3:51 PM in response to Branta_uk

As a certified PADI AOW diver I’ve been curious about this as well. This answer definitely puts the question to bed for me, thanks. But sadly a couple of days ago I was browsing through online Series 7 reviews and one reviewer clearly stated that the Series 7 is suitable for scuba because of its 50m rating, I’ll have a guess that he isn’t a certified scuba diver and if he believes his own words about being able to dive wearing a Series 7 some tears will be shed at the end of his dive… I get my 45mm Cellular (PRODUCT) RED next week and it’s definitely staying in my dive bag while I’m enjoying myself at 30m+!

Nov 24, 2021 4:46 PM in response to Branta_uk

Hello ~To further support your excellent answer …I found this in the footnotes on the Apple Series 7 Watch and I agree that the core functions are not best for diving. Great post :)

*Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Series 3 have a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that they may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, they should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. 

~Katana-San~

Can Apple Watch Series 7 be used for Scuba Diving?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.