Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i set up my ipod touch for my son to text

how do i set up my ipod touch for my son to text? While it's under my apple account?

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 6:17 PM

You will need to get him his own account by enabling family sharing on your phone and creating the account from there. After that, set up the phone with his account (it will have to be erased)

if iMessage and FaceTime are not mentioned during the setup process, you will need to go to the settings app, scroll to the messages app, and click Use Apple ID for imesssage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 6:17 PM in response to CCottonwood

You will need to get him his own account by enabling family sharing on your phone and creating the account from there. After that, set up the phone with his account (it will have to be erased)

if iMessage and FaceTime are not mentioned during the setup process, you will need to go to the settings app, scroll to the messages app, and click Use Apple ID for imesssage.

how do i set up my ipod touch for my son to text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.