Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sticky key

I intermittently have keys that I have to press very hard and/or repeatedly to get them to work. It is rarely the same key. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 8:10 PM

Check if the following program applies to your MacBook Pro:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

If this is an Intel Mac as appears likely from your footer here, reset both NVRAM and SMC.

See if the problem repeats while booted in Safe Mode, and also if the problem repeats while logged into a newly-created user login. If it’s a hardware problem, it would likely repeat anywhere. If software, not so much.

Then… Best contact Apple Support, and discuss your options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 8:10 PM in response to chambley

Check if the following program applies to your MacBook Pro:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

If this is an Intel Mac as appears likely from your footer here, reset both NVRAM and SMC.

See if the problem repeats while booted in Safe Mode, and also if the problem repeats while logged into a newly-created user login. If it’s a hardware problem, it would likely repeat anywhere. If software, not so much.

Then… Best contact Apple Support, and discuss your options.

Sticky key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.