You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Multiple User Profiles and Playing to AirPods.

Ok so is this a fault or is this the intended functionality?

My wife’s profile is the default profile on our Apple TV. I am a Family member in our ecosystem and have my own profile on the Apple TV. When I try and find my AirPods Pro or AirPods Max to send audio output from the Apple TV to them they cannot be found. When I sync the AirPods to my wife’s account then try the same function on the Apple TV it works and the AirPods are visible. Both the Apple TV and both pair of AirPods have the latest firmware TVOS 15 and AirPods firmware 4A400.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? I’m I doing something wrong or is this poor implementation by Apple?

Thanks

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 9:00 PM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2021 11:03 PM in response to barberlives123

Yeah figured as much but it takes so many phone calls and they treat you like an absolute dummy for the first 5-6 calls with questions like "does the remote have power" "are you AirPods powered on?" I'd like to do a full reset of all your settings just to make sure that or $800 headphones and $150 Apple TV that are both less the 4 months old aren't corrupted".

You end up bleeding 4 hours on the whole experience to be told by a senior programmer 4 days later oh yeah that's how it's intended to work. Only the primary user of the Apple TV can use this feature we just don't tell anybody that in our fancy keynotes.

Am I right or am I right?

Apple TV Multiple User Profiles and Playing to AirPods.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.