Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Considering Purchasing an iPad Pro to Replace

I'm considering purchasing an iPad Pro 12.9" with 2TB to replace my '09 MacBook Pro 15 inch. All I really need any more is something to do email, browse the web, phones, music, word processing and spreadsheets. I think I can do all of that on the iPad and have a touch screen, something Apple refuses to do with a laptop. I don't use iCloud for back-up, as I've always backed up my phone to my laptop. Can I back-up my phone to an iPad?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 12:25 AM

no your ipad would sort of be equal to your iphone and not a device it could sync or backup to

you could backup both to icloud though

and if you need to restore an iphone or the ipad itself because of issue you would need a computer

2 replies

Oct 17, 2021 12:37 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you, that's kind of what I thought, but I wanted to make sure before I invested that much into an iPad. While I might get an iPad eventually, I won't go for the top of the line model, that would just be all sorts of overkill for what I'd use it for. Especially if I need to update my way out of date MacBook Pro. Truthfully I can't really complain a whole lot about a 12 year old laptop.

Considering Purchasing an iPad Pro to Replace

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.