Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing a Data Source from Apple Health

I purchased an Apple Watch 7 and one day into ownership I encountered an issue. In trying to troubleshoot the problem one of the steps tried was to reset the watch and pair it with the iPhone as new Apple Watch.  As a result, I now have two Apple Watch devices listed in the Sources of the Health. Albeit, this is not a problem because the data is recorded as it should be however, I would rather lose two days worth of data opposed to seeing the Watch listed twice in Apple Health. This is an annoyance factor for me not only because I am extremely active/training and constantly looking at this data, it’s also annoying because there are multiple threads regarding this exact topic with hundreds (if not thousands) of responses and Apple seems to be ignoring their customers on this topic.

Does anyone know how to definitively remove a Data Source from Apple Health?

Dear Apple,

It would be nice to simply click Edit Device List within Apple Health and select the device(s) to remove or hide. 

IF one chooses to Remove:

A warning will appear stating all data associated with the device(s) will be deleted. Do you want to proceed? Yes or No. 

Apple could take this a step further and add a merge feature as opposed to the nuclear option of delete.

ELSE one chooses to Hide:

A messages will appear stating the device will be hidden, but the collected data will still show. Once a device is hidden, you may click the Edit Device List and toggle the device to show again. Do you want to hide the device? Yes or No.

In either example this is not difficult to program.

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 4:37 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Removing a Data Source from Apple Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.