Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get a logic remote for an iPad mini 2?

anyone know where i can get logic remote for this? iPad mini2

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 2:16 AM

All Apps that can be installed on your iPad are obtained from the Apple App Store. Just search for the App.

Logic Remote:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/logic-remote/id638394624

You should note that the Logic Remote compatibility notes state that you require an iPad capable of running iPadOS 13.4 or later - indicating that the App is reliant upon specific system libraries to function. Your iPad mini2 is only capable of update to iOS 12.5.5.

Apple ended major update support for the iPad mini2/mini3 in September 2019 - although they since continue to receive “point” security updates - the most recent being released just recently. These devices cannot be updated to iPadOS 13 (or any later major versions of iPadOS) as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements (CPU and RAM) for newer versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Some App developers have dropped support for iOS versions preceding iOS 13.x for technical reasons (often because APIs or software libraries upon which they rely have been updated in the new version of iPadOS, making their App - such as Logic Remote - incompatible with earlier versions).

Whilst many App titles remain compatible with your iPad, if you want or need to access to Apps requiring the most recent versions of iOS, you’ll need to consider replacement of your iPad with a newer or current model that supports iPadOS15.

Sorry, I appreciate that this may not be what you were hoping to learn.

I hope this information provides clarity as to your available options and the fundamental limitations of your iPad mini2.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 2:16 AM in response to nex126

All Apps that can be installed on your iPad are obtained from the Apple App Store. Just search for the App.

Logic Remote:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/logic-remote/id638394624

You should note that the Logic Remote compatibility notes state that you require an iPad capable of running iPadOS 13.4 or later - indicating that the App is reliant upon specific system libraries to function. Your iPad mini2 is only capable of update to iOS 12.5.5.

Apple ended major update support for the iPad mini2/mini3 in September 2019 - although they since continue to receive “point” security updates - the most recent being released just recently. These devices cannot be updated to iPadOS 13 (or any later major versions of iPadOS) as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements (CPU and RAM) for newer versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Some App developers have dropped support for iOS versions preceding iOS 13.x for technical reasons (often because APIs or software libraries upon which they rely have been updated in the new version of iPadOS, making their App - such as Logic Remote - incompatible with earlier versions).

Whilst many App titles remain compatible with your iPad, if you want or need to access to Apps requiring the most recent versions of iOS, you’ll need to consider replacement of your iPad with a newer or current model that supports iPadOS15.

Sorry, I appreciate that this may not be what you were hoping to learn.

I hope this information provides clarity as to your available options and the fundamental limitations of your iPad mini2.

Oct 18, 2021 2:41 AM in response to nex126

If you have a newer device with iOS/iPadOS 13.4 or later installed, signed-in to the App Store with your own AppleID, try downloading the App from there onto the newer device. IF an older version of the App remains available, you may then be able to download the older version on your mini2…

On your mini2, open the App Store App - then find you list of “purchased” Apps. If the older version of the Logic Remote App is available, you can download from there.

Where can I get a logic remote for an iPad mini 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.