Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone SE 1St generation has died. I want to use an old 4s iphone will the sim card work in it and I forgot passcode.

My iphone SE 1St generation has died. I want to use an old 4s iphone will the sim card work in it and I forgot passcode. What do i need to do?

iPhone 4S (8GB)

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 10:13 AM

The SIM card form your iPhone SE (First Generation) will not work on your iPhone 4s because they are different sizes. The iPhone SE uses the Nano SIM Card and the iPhone 4s uses the Micro SIM Card.

You have stated that you have forgotten the passcode to your iPhone 4s. You will need to reset the passcode on the iPhone. You will need a computer to complete this task. You can reset your passcode by following the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ How to reset your passcode on a disabled iPhone. All your data on your iPhone will be wiped clean in the process.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 10:13 AM in response to allanrt

The SIM card form your iPhone SE (First Generation) will not work on your iPhone 4s because they are different sizes. The iPhone SE uses the Nano SIM Card and the iPhone 4s uses the Micro SIM Card.

You have stated that you have forgotten the passcode to your iPhone 4s. You will need to reset the passcode on the iPhone. You will need a computer to complete this task. You can reset your passcode by following the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ How to reset your passcode on a disabled iPhone. All your data on your iPhone will be wiped clean in the process.

Axel F.

My iphone SE 1St generation has died. I want to use an old 4s iphone will the sim card work in it and I forgot passcode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.