Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my IPhone to 15.0.2 My watch went into a apple Icon (restart logo) on the screen when I put it on a charge. I left it in that state overnight. Only to find it didn't change the next day. Tried Reset on Watch. to no avail.

Apple Watch doesn't work after update to IOS 15.0.2 on iPhone XR

to which it was paired initially. prior to 15.0.2 update. Put the watch onto the charger last night, it briefly showed the time in small letters then showed the reset logo, I left it like that overnight. Nothing changed, this morning. Tried Hard reset nothing happened apart from showing the same apple reboot logo.

What to try next if it is not bricked...?

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 12:26 PM

Give it time, the restart after a software update may take much longer than you expect. You should see the Apple logo surrounded by ring of grey spokes which gradually become white as it makes progress. If it is trying to load for more than an hour or so without progress something is wrong.

if it has been trying for more than an hour or two, contact Apple Support using (link) Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 12:26 PM in response to mathieu285

Give it time, the restart after a software update may take much longer than you expect. You should see the Apple logo surrounded by ring of grey spokes which gradually become white as it makes progress. If it is trying to load for more than an hour or so without progress something is wrong.

if it has been trying for more than an hour or two, contact Apple Support using (link) Get Support

After updating my IPhone to 15.0.2 My watch went into a apple Icon (restart logo) on the screen when I put it on a charge. I left it in that state overnight. Only to find it didn't change the next day. Tried Reset on Watch. to no avail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.