Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i get my photos to my iCloud?

My phones storage is full of mostly apps. I went so far as to not only offload them but just delete them entirely and it hasn’t cleared up much space at all I have been backing up my photos on Google photos and then deleting from my phone but how do I just transfer them to iCloud so I can just delete them automatically without having to worry about my phone running out of space or does it automatically upload to iCloud photos I think I get like 2 TB

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 1:02 PM

If you use iCloud Photos you cannot delete the photos from your phone without losing them completely. iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 1:02 PM in response to Manda_Star

If you use iCloud Photos you cannot delete the photos from your phone without losing them completely. iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Apple does not currently offer cloud-only storage for photos. If that is what you want or need, you may want to explore 3rd party options such as Google Photos or Dropbox.

How do i get my photos to my iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.