Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live Wallpaper not working

Trying to set up a live Wallpaper and keep on failing

I've tried turning off low power mode, disabling reduce motion , enabling 3D Touch and shutting down my phone and opening it again

and I have an iPhone X

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 2:02 PM

4 replies

Oct 18, 2021 1:34 PM in response to Random-user-2738

Hello Random-user-2738,

We understand that you're having trouble with your live wallpaper on your iPhone. Is live wallpaper failing to animate or was it not setting up at all? If not animating, let us know what screens this is occurring on.

Be sure that your iPhone is fully up to date as well: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Here's some general info, including requirements: Change the wallpaper on your iPhone

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2021 10:41 AM in response to Random-user-2738

Understood Random-user-2738,

To confirm, you have an iPhone X as opposed to an iPhone XR, correct? We want to ask since the iPhone XR doesn't support live wallpapers.

If you just have an iPhone X, then what we would recommend is that you Contact Apple Support as you already completed several troubleshooting steps that we'd also recommend.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Live Wallpaper not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.