Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recieved a scam email from this link

i recieved a scam email from this link( n0replyappsxu829201234-sutspqunaus8j18aoskw81jase2-2813***@df41ew5.klimanjarosi.***)

the body. of email like this (

Dear Customer.

You received this email, because your Apple ID has just been used to buy Rules of Survival from the App Store on a computer or other device that has never been previously associated with your Apple ID.

Date: Sunday, October 17, 2021

Davice: Iphone 11

Operating system: 112.574.2.1

If you have never made this purchase or you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, please find the attached PDF document to cancel your purchase immediately.

sincerely,

Apple Support)

with attachment recipt, if. i click on the link it open a page. that looks. llike apple web site to enter id and pass, (domappsynwunquaios.cloudns.ph/account/?view=login&appIdKey=c30d0324f9c03**&country=BG) please take action against who. ever tried to hack my account, i already changed my password

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 2:12 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2021 5:41 PM in response to wesam2208

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple emails won't have poor grammar/misspellings. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information by email such as Social Security numbers, your Mother’s maiden name or full credit card numbers . 

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams.   *

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.   *

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com  -

I recieved a scam email from this link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.