Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers

I can't down load numbers as it says my system 10.13.6 is incompatible, is there a version that my computer can use?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:11 AM

Hi greytop61 and welcome!

Read through recent posts in this forum (and the Pages and Keynote forums too) and you'll find many people who are in a similar situation.

Apple recently released Numbers 11.2, which requires macOS 11 Big Sur to be installed on your Mac. If you can't update your Mac (for example because it's not compatible), or if you are unwilling to, then you're in a Catch-22 situation because Apple don't release backward-compatible installers of the iWork apps.

If you previously downloaded Numbers from the App Store, you might be able to log into your account and search your past purchases for a downloadable installation, but there is no guarantee of that. Your only other recourse would be to use the online version of Numbers at iCloud - for which you would need an Apple ID.

Sorry not to have a more positive answer.

H

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 6:11 AM in response to greytop61

Hi greytop61 and welcome!

Read through recent posts in this forum (and the Pages and Keynote forums too) and you'll find many people who are in a similar situation.

Apple recently released Numbers 11.2, which requires macOS 11 Big Sur to be installed on your Mac. If you can't update your Mac (for example because it's not compatible), or if you are unwilling to, then you're in a Catch-22 situation because Apple don't release backward-compatible installers of the iWork apps.

If you previously downloaded Numbers from the App Store, you might be able to log into your account and search your past purchases for a downloadable installation, but there is no guarantee of that. Your only other recourse would be to use the online version of Numbers at iCloud - for which you would need an Apple ID.

Sorry not to have a more positive answer.

H

numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.