Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop private relay notifications

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:30 AM

private relay connects and disconnects CONSTANTLY. im getting 20+ notifications every day and its driving me crazy.

Apple, PLEASE enable us to silence these notifications as we can for every other vpn app on the app store.

22 replies

Oct 19, 2021 10:47 AM in response to destiny241

Thanks again for your attention.

Constant notifications about private relay turning on and off are irritating. I want to use private relay and I also understand that when I’m traveling and switching between wifi and cell networks that some may not support private relay and therefore it may be unavailable for a time. I definitely do NOT need to see a pop up notification every single time this happens.

Nov 8, 2021 5:24 PM in response to deggie

Mac user here (as well as iPhone user). Some option to turn off Private Relay notifications (but keep the service active!) would be great, just like I have the ability to turn off app notifications while keeping the app on my device. I'm frequently on unstable public Wi-Fi, and every time I get disconnected and reconnected I have to dismiss the notification twice.

Oct 19, 2021 7:33 AM in response to jooz10

Hello Jooz10,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you'd like to stop iCloud Private Relay notifications on your iPhone.

You came from the best resource for your concern: About iCloud Private Relay

It states, "You can turn off iCloud Private Relay in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Private Relay."

Make sure if you're using a VPN or security software, to disable them and restart the device, as these may be blocking the connection.

In case you have a profile set up preventing you from disabling the service: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

(If this is a business or educational device, then we'd recommend contacting your IT department for further steps.)

Should it persist and you can't disable the service, then it would be best to contact Apple directly: Get Support

Wishing you well, take care.

Oct 19, 2021 9:18 AM in response to jooz10

Hey Jooz10,

Did you follow the last paragraph under section, 'If a website or network doesn’t work with Private Relay' here: About iCloud Private Relay

That should help you to turn off Private Relay just for a specific Wi-Fi network or cellular plan.

If that wasn't what you were hoping for specifically, then we'd suggest to provide Apple with any feedback you may have on this service here: Feedback - iCloud

Have a lovely day, cheers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.