Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview sticky notes

Hi, my sticky notes on Preview are being obstinate. For the ones that I have created and saved on the PDF already, when I click on them to open them, they open and they stay open on my screen no matter what page I scroll to. This glitch started happening 6-8 months ago, no matter the PDF I open. If I exit the PDF and come back, the stickies are closed again. I am not able to add new stickies--it just jumps to another page. Is there any fix for this? I am updated to the most recent OS (if I remember correctly it began happening after an update 6-8 months ago).

MacBook, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 9:35 AM

Hello bekahwren,

It sounds like you need help with annotating PDFs in Preview, is that correct? Annotate a PDF in Preview on Mac.

If so, we’ve annotated a PDF on our device and we’re not able to duplicate the issue you’re experiencing. Since this began, have you tried to restart your Mac? Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac.

Does the issue continue if you boot your Mac into safe mode? Start up your Mac in safe mode.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 9:35 AM in response to bekahwren

Hello bekahwren,

It sounds like you need help with annotating PDFs in Preview, is that correct? Annotate a PDF in Preview on Mac.

If so, we’ve annotated a PDF on our device and we’re not able to duplicate the issue you’re experiencing. Since this began, have you tried to restart your Mac? Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac.

Does the issue continue if you boot your Mac into safe mode? Start up your Mac in safe mode.

Cheers!

Preview sticky notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.