Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard iphone 13 pro

I have installed Swiftkey because the Apple native keyboard doesn't have a RETURN button when you use instagram which baffles me, or yes you have to press 123 and then RETURN but that's super annoying if you are entering hashtags in a column on instagram.

However, the swiftkey and apple keyboard has this small bar at the bottom which has sometimes a globe or mic icon. If I remove them both the bar remains and pushes the keyboard higher up the screen giving me wasted space.

How do you remove the bar at the bottom that serves absolutely no purpose at all? And also remove the part at the top of the keyboard that has suggested words? I turned off suggestions but it still remains.

Thanks!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 12:33 PM

Hi ghostkamera,

Thanks for your follow up. As far as the extra space on the screen you might want to check to see if there are Settings for the specific app. You might need to contact the developer of SwiftKey. - How to contact an app developer.

Cheers!

6 replies

Oct 19, 2021 10:57 AM in response to Chris_C1

Thanks Chris, but i'm still wondering if whilst using the native keyboard, there is this grey area below the bottom of the keyboard and leading down to the base of the phone. About 5mm of wasted screen space that sometimes houses the globe or mic icon, but if I remove those the bar still remains.

Is there anyway to remove this and give me more screen real estate?

Thanks!

keyboard iphone 13 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.