You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone theft loss

if I cannot file a claim and my phone is covered by apple care theft and loss will I still be able to get helped?

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:05 PM

The insurance is handled by an Apple partner, an independent insurance company. The only way to get compensation from them, as with any insurance company for any insured item, is to file a claim with the insurance company.

So what is preventing you from filing a claim if you paid for AppleCare+ with lost and theft coverage?

Apple has nothing to do with compensating anyone for loss or theft as they are not an insurance company. Only their partnered insurance company can help you with an insurance claim.

See -> File an iPhone Theft and Loss Claim - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2021 6:05 PM in response to alej347

The insurance is handled by an Apple partner, an independent insurance company. The only way to get compensation from them, as with any insurance company for any insured item, is to file a claim with the insurance company.

So what is preventing you from filing a claim if you paid for AppleCare+ with lost and theft coverage?

Apple has nothing to do with compensating anyone for loss or theft as they are not an insurance company. Only their partnered insurance company can help you with an insurance claim.

See -> File an iPhone Theft and Loss Claim - Official Apple Support

iphone theft loss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.