Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it possible to set white menu bar in OS 11.6?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 12:48 AM

wayne mitzner wrote:

Thanks, although mine is dark in light mode. Just upgraded--guess i'll just have to get used to it.

This depends on transparency, as dialabrain noted, and... on whatever desktop image you have selected.

If you don't select reduce transparency, your menu bar appearance will be automatically adjusted depending on how bright or dark the underneath desktop image is.

If your Desktop image is mostly white, then you will get a whitish menu bar with dark text (even if you have Dark Mode selected)

If your image is dark, you will get white text on dark background.

These two are images of my menu bar. I only changed the Desktop image between the two screenshots. I am using Dark Mode, but it would have been the same in Light Mode.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 12:48 AM in response to wayne mitzner

wayne mitzner wrote:

Thanks, although mine is dark in light mode. Just upgraded--guess i'll just have to get used to it.

This depends on transparency, as dialabrain noted, and... on whatever desktop image you have selected.

If you don't select reduce transparency, your menu bar appearance will be automatically adjusted depending on how bright or dark the underneath desktop image is.

If your Desktop image is mostly white, then you will get a whitish menu bar with dark text (even if you have Dark Mode selected)

If your image is dark, you will get white text on dark background.

These two are images of my menu bar. I only changed the Desktop image between the two screenshots. I am using Dark Mode, but it would have been the same in Light Mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.