Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible that my driving mode “do not disturb” message will automatically turn on while not driving?

Is it possible that my driving mode “do not disturb” message will automatically turn on while not driving?

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 9:38 PM

Hi there! This is a good question and I can explain this to you. So with Driving mode there are different settings that you have:

• Automatically: Driving will be activated based on detected motion.
  • When Connected to Car Bluetooth: Driving will be activated when your iPhone is connected to car Bluetooth devices.
  • Manually: Driving can be activated manually from Control Center.
  • Activate With CarPlay: Driving will be activated automatically when your iPhone is connected to CarPlay.

Now when you set it to Automatically there may be a small chance that it might assume you are driving and send a message.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 9:38 PM in response to rclarkspear

Hi there! This is a good question and I can explain this to you. So with Driving mode there are different settings that you have:

• Automatically: Driving will be activated based on detected motion.
  • When Connected to Car Bluetooth: Driving will be activated when your iPhone is connected to car Bluetooth devices.
  • Manually: Driving can be activated manually from Control Center.
  • Activate With CarPlay: Driving will be activated automatically when your iPhone is connected to CarPlay.

Now when you set it to Automatically there may be a small chance that it might assume you are driving and send a message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.