Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone not working for facetime video calls

i have a brand new iphone 12 mini everything works fine except the microphone when on facetime video calls and whatsapp video calls, surprisingly the microphone works fine when on a regular call or facetime audio call, i took it to the authorized service center they ran a diagnostic test, and seems like there is no issue at all either with software or hardware, they placed a facetime video call to test it, they were able to detect that there was a issue with the microphone, but unfortunately they could not help me because their so called software did not detect and issue. now i am stuck with a brand new iphone 12 mini with a non working facetime, extremely disappointed, also going thru lot of forums online it seems like this is a very common problem.

kindly help if anyone facing same issue and their problem has been resloved

i dont have a screen protector on my phone

i am not using any kind of phone cover either

software version is 15.0.2

did a factory reset

restored it

nothing works

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 12:37 AM

2 replies

microphone not working for facetime video calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.