Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

play music not bought from Apple , on iPhone

I have a Macbook Pro and am running Catalina.

It seems that Apple Music is set up for paying customers only. How can I play music which I have amassed over years before I bought an iPhone? Not terribly clear to me. Thanks.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 6:47 AM

Hello Bob593251,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you'd like to know how you can play music on your MacBook Pro and iPhone. Is that right?

If so, you can simply import content from your computer into the Music app, using: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac

Once you have a library set up in the Music app, use these steps to sync your iPhone with the Mac: Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Let us know if these helps out, cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 6:47 AM in response to Bob593251

Hello Bob593251,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you'd like to know how you can play music on your MacBook Pro and iPhone. Is that right?

If so, you can simply import content from your computer into the Music app, using: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac

Once you have a library set up in the Music app, use these steps to sync your iPhone with the Mac: Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Let us know if these helps out, cheers!

play music not bought from Apple , on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.