Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Apple TV on iPad, can I use this subscription on my TV?

Do I need a separate (from iPad) subscription to watch Apple TV on my TV?

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 3:32 PM

CoDeMa3 wrote:

I have apple+ subscription on my iPad - I would like it on my smart TV. How do I do it?

If your TV supports it, you should be able to download the Apple TV App from its app store. Then you can sign in with the Apple ID you use on your iPad to access your subscription.

If your TV does not support the Apple TV App, then you will need an external device. Apple TV Box, Roku, Amazon Fire stick, Google Chromecast, Xbox, or Playstation to access the TV App on your TV.

See here for supported devices for the Apple TV App: link-> Apple TV app - Devices - Apple

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 3:32 PM in response to CoDeMa3

CoDeMa3 wrote:

I have apple+ subscription on my iPad - I would like it on my smart TV. How do I do it?

If your TV supports it, you should be able to download the Apple TV App from its app store. Then you can sign in with the Apple ID you use on your iPad to access your subscription.

If your TV does not support the Apple TV App, then you will need an external device. Apple TV Box, Roku, Amazon Fire stick, Google Chromecast, Xbox, or Playstation to access the TV App on your TV.

See here for supported devices for the Apple TV App: link-> Apple TV app - Devices - Apple

Oct 19, 2021 10:08 AM in response to gisele290

Some clarifying questions:

Are you asking about a physical "Apple TV" box, the "Apple TV" app on your iPad or TV, or an "Apple TV+" subscription? The answers are different and intertwined.

Do you subscribe to the "Apple TV+" (maybe as part of "Apple One") service?

Do you own a physical "Apple TV" box? If so, which model?

Is your television set a so-called "smart" TV? If so, does it have the "Apple TV" app installed?

Nov 21, 2021 3:27 PM in response to CoDeMa3

I have the same questions for CoDeMa3 as for gisele290:

Have you installed the "Apple TV" app onto your smart TV? (The method would depend on the TV.)

Have you signed the "Apple TV" app on your smart TV into the same Apple ID as your iPad?

Do you get some sort of error when you try either of the above or when you try to use the subscription?

I have Apple TV on iPad, can I use this subscription on my TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.